Saturday, August 16, 2008

Gen Con Indy 2008 Saturday

(This one is going to be a quick summary as I'm running games early tomorrow morning. I'll flesh it out later.)

I spent most of my day in the Dealer's Room. Normally this is an exercise in both fun and henchman ability tests as I watch my money flow from my wallet to the various vendors. This year, though, there wasn't nearly as much stuff that I wanted. No new comics, no Paranoia releases, and so on.

I did pick up some cool art from a number of artists, some books to read from the $5 per book places, and one of the Lost Worlds books I didn't have already.

One cool person I ran into while wandering around was Clinton Boomer from the PHB PSA series on YouTube (among other things). Cool guy, cool series, and nice Presto costume.

I watched part of a Journey to Jupiter game (because I got there late. :( It's pretty much Killer Bunnies with the addition of a map where you fly around and get shot while trying to collect carrots in space. It looks like an additional layer of chaos on an already chaotic game, and I don't think I'll be picking it up.

I won the game of OotS: the Shortening I played tonight; I chose Elan and helped everyone I could. The new rules both sound pretty good and the cards are fun, but there's still some tweaking to do.

OK, have to run games in less than 8 hours. Be back later.

No comments: